Senior Therapy Assistant - Medicine & Surgery
NHS AfC: Band 3
- Band 3 Therapy Assistant
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (7 day working)
- Southport and Ormskirk
- £19,737 - £21,142 per annum
- 26/01/2021 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
Please note that all successful applicants to non-medical positions will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust is a progressive NHS Trust. It is committed to providing and developing innovative high quality services to the communities that it serves.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, adaptable Band 3 Therapy Assistant to join the busy and dynamic Medical and Surgical Team based at Southport Hospital.
You will work alongside experienced therapists and support them in the assessment, treatment and on-going rehabilitation of patients.
If you believe you have the skills that we are looking for and are ready for a challenge then we want to hear from you.
Applicants must demonstrate in their supplementary information how they meet the essential and desirable elements of the person specification as this is used to short list for interview.
Main duties of the job
The clinical role will include supporting the Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist in performing tasks such as: Home visits, Kitchen assessments, Personal activities of daily living assessments, Mobility and transfer assessments, Stair Assessments, Improving mobility, strength, balance, and reducing falls risk, Providing/fitting equipment. In addition to this you will have administrative and housekeeping responsibilities.
All work will be directed and supported by an HCPC registered therapist, with the aim of ensuring discharge is safe, timely and seamless, with excellent communication and MDT working. Applicants therefore must have the ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the post.
Working for our organisation
We can offer you,
- Trust and local induction
- Completion of competencies relevant to role
- Clinical supervision and PDR (Appraisal) with review
- Excellent opportunities for professional development supported by our own programmes tailored to meet your needs and identified in PDR
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see job description and person specification further details on role responsibilities
Advertising Date: 12th January, 2021
Closing Date: 26th January, 2021
Shortlisting Date: 27th January, 2021
Interview Date: 11th February, 2021
Please note this vacancy may close once we have received sufficient applications.
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in related subject
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrate experience of working in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrate committment to personal development of self and others
- Demonstrate understanding of various clinical roles of a Therapy Assistant
- Demonstrate understanding of this role and how it may contribute to clinical outcomes
- Demonstrate experience working alongside acute therapy teams
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving approach but seeking guidance as required
- Ability to perform administrative based tasks
- Ability to carry out moving and handling with patients and equipment
- Car user with full clean driving license
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Joanne Russell
- Job title
- Therapy Team Lead - Medicine & Surgery
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01704 70 5115
- Additional information
Therapy Team Lead - Medicine & Surgery
Office: 01704 70 5115
Answerphone: 01704 704144