NHS AfC: Band 5
- Band 5 Physiotherapist
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- Southport and Ormskirk
- Southport and Ormskirk
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- 02/12/2020 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
Please note that all successful applicants to non-medical positions will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 5 Physiotherapists to join the friendly Therapy and Rehabilitation Services based across Southport and Ormskirk Hospital.
The post holder will receive support and clinical supervision from experienced Physiotherapists. If any of the successful candidates are newly qualified they will be supported through the Preceptor Programme.
The post holder will be expected to be part of the On Call Respiratory Rota and will be given the appropriate training and support to ensure all competencies are achieved prior to being given their first on call session.
These posts are also open to Return to Practice Physiotherapists and physiotherapy students due to qualify in 2020.
The role is fulltime (37.5 hours per week) which will include flexible (weekend and extended days) working.
Main duties of the job
1. To provide a Physiotherapy service to in and out-patients of Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals.
2. The post holder will manage their own clinical caseload.
3. To provide assistance for the Therapy and Rehabilitation Services in delivering the required range of therapeutic interventions and support to the client group.
4. To undertake assessment, treatment and evaluation of treatment and intervention.
5. To participate in audit and service development.
6. To accurately record, obtain, collate, and maintain patient records both manually and electronically.
7. To educate and train other health professionals including nurses and doctors with support from more senior Therapists
8. To participate in the supervision of student therapists on clinical placement and for work experience students.
9. To take part in the departmental emergency on-call respiratory rota
Working for our organisation
We can offer you,
• Excellent opportunities for professional development supported by our own programmes tailored to meet your needs.
• Inclusion in the band 5 education meetings
• Appraisal with 6 month reviews
• Clinical supervision in line with our Supervision Guideline
• Opportunities to attend internal, (and where appropriate), external training, in line with your identified training and development needs.
• Preceptor Programme if newly qualified
The successful post holders may have the opportunity to rotate through the following service areas:
• Medical, Surgical and Frailty Wards
• Spinal Injuries Unit
• Stroke Unit
• Orthopaedic in patients (trauma and elective)
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please ensure that your supplementary information identifies how you meet the Job Description and Specification as we use this to short list.
Advertising Date: 20th November, 2020
Closing Date: 2nd December, 2020
Shortlisting Date: 3rd December, 2020
Interview Date: 9th December, 2020
Please note, this post will be subject to Enhanced DBS Check + Children's & Adults' Barred Lists.
Please be aware that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated should a sufficient number of applications be received, you are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
- Degree or equivalent in physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate commitment to your and others ongoing Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and maintenance of professional portfolio.
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a health, social or personal care setting as a physiotherapist.
- Experience of taking an active role within MDT
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage own time and work autonomously within clinical and non-clinical activity and to guide others using problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to demonstrate clinical reasoning and a holistic problem solving approach appropriate to experience within clinical area.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Heather Duff
- Job title
- Clinical Therapy Manger
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information