- Southport DGH
- 31/05/2019 23:59
Patient Experience Volunteer
Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare in hospital and the community to 258,000 people across Southport, Formby and West Lancashire.
Acute care is provided at Southport and Formby District General Hospital and Ormskirk District General Hospital. This includes adults’ and children’s accident and emergency services, intensive care and a range of medical and surgical specialities. Women’s and children’s services, including maternity, are provided at Ormskirk hospital.
The North West Regional Spinal Injuries Centre at Southport hospital provides specialist care for spinal patients from across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
The Trust also provides sexual health services for the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under supervision of the area/dept manager:
- Engage and talk with patients in all ward /department areas, explaining to them the purpose of the FFT within the NHS, and inviting them to complete an FFT card before they leave.
- Refer patients/visitors to the appropriate member of staff or service if further help is required, that is outside the remit or boundaries of the volunteer role.
- Ensure that there is a good supply of FFT cards and pens at each location.
- Maintain the provision of patient information leaflets in ward/dept areas.
- Support patient experience assessments such as Patient Led Assessment of the Clinical.
- Environment ( PLACE) and the Fifteen Steps Challenge.
Please open the attached volunteer role description for more information.
You need to be at least 18-years-old. We have no upper age limit and we usually ask for a commitment of at least four hours volunteering a week for a minimum period of six months. However, there may be circumstances where adjustments can be made to ensure volunteer recruitment meets the requirements of protected groups described in the Equality Act 2010.
Advertised Date - 1st May 2019
Closing Date - 30th May 2019
Shortlisting Date – 31st May 2019
Interview Date - 17th June 2019
This post will be subject to a Standard DBS Check
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Irene Gardner on 01704 704796, or alternatively via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01695 656583