Rotational Band 5 Occupational Therapist
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Rotational Band 5 Occupational Therapist
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Permanent: weekend working; multi site; 7 day service
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (weekend working; 7 day service)
- Rotational - Southport & Ormskirk NHS Trust
- AFC Band 5
- 29/06/2022 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
1. To provide an Occupational Therapy service to in patients and out patients at Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals.
2. The post holder will manage their own clinical caseload.
3. To provide clinical support to cover the workload of other therapists e.g. during sickness or annual leave.
4. To provide assistance for the Therapy and Rehabilitation Services in delivering the required range of therapeutic interventions and support to the client group.
5. To undertake assessment, treatment and evaluation of treatment and intervention.
6. To participate in audit and service development.
7. To accurately record, obtain, collate, and maintain patient records both manually and electronically.
8. To educate and train other health professionals including nurses and doctors with support from more senior Therapists
9. To participate in the supervision of student therapists on clinical placement and for work experience students.
Main duties of the job
1. To undertake therapy assessment, clinically diagnose and implement treatment plans if appropriate in a manner that respects people’s privacy, dignity and individuality.
To liaise with members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team and external agencies to ensure the effective management of patients care, communicating patient information in relation to their care as required.
3. Manage a clinical caseload ensuring patients are see in a timely manner. This may include taking patients on home visits or assessing them in other health environments.
4. To ensure effective internal and external 2-way communication with patients, carers and all other Health and Social Care Professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
5. To provide and receive complex information which requires empathy and reassurance. Communicating where there may be barriers to understanding and where skills such as motivational interviewing and counselling are required.
6. Able to formulate and implement individualised care plans, reviewing progress and adapting as required
7. To be involved in the production and evaluation of resources produced by the department e.g. information and training packs, advice leaflets etc, providing specialist advice
8. To provide cover for leave and sickness to the clinical service as appropriate.
Working for our organisation
Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare in hospital and the community to 258,000 people across Southport, Formby and West Lancashire.
Acute care is provided at Southport and Formby District General Hospital and Ormskirk District General Hospital. This includes adults’ and children’s accident and emergency services, intensive care and a range of medical and surgical specialities. Women’s and children’s services, including maternity, are provided at Ormskirk hospital.
The North West Regional Spinal Injuries Centre at Southport hospital provides specialist care for spinal patients from across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information
Advert date: 06/06/2022
Closing Date: 29/06/2022
Shortlisting Date: 30/06/2022
Interview Date: TBC
- Degree in occupational therapy or equivalent
- HCPC registered
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to unpredictable demands
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in a health, social or personal care setting
- Experience of taking an active role within Multi disciplinary team
Training & Education
- Commitment to ongoing CPD and maintenance of professional portfolio
- Student support identified and Clinical Educator Course
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Samantha Bennett
- Job title
- Clinical Therapy Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Samantha Bennett - email@example.com / 01704705115