NHS AfC: Band 6
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Southport & Ormskirk NHS Hospitals
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum, pro rata
- 26/10/2021 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, registered healthcare practitioner to develop as a Resuscitation Officer within the Resuscitation team. We are looking for a candidate with prior experience in teaching Resuscitation and is passionate in delivering teaching and the development of staff.
Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for assisting with the delivery of resuscitation training in line with the recommended guidelines and regulations in order to ensure a safe environment for staff, patients and all members of the public.
You will maintain your accredited instructor status, as required, with the support of the Senior Resuscitation Officer to remain credible whilst facilitating all levels of resuscitation training.
Assist with ensuring the wards/departments are fully compliant with the standards set within the resuscitation departmental policies, procedures and recommendations by engaging within annual departmental audits and providing additional training/guidance as required and escalate discrepancies as appropriate.
Working for our organisation
The team at Southport & Ormskirk NHS Hospitals support training across two hospital sites with over 3000 staff requiring training in basic life Support, Intermediate and Advance Life support, for both Adults and Paediatrics. The team also attends cardiac arrests and supports clinical staff with 1:1 development.
As part of a dynamic team, the post holder will act as a subject matter expert in the field of Resuscitation. We recognise the need to develop modern working practices to enable our employees to maximise their performance and productivity whilst maintaining a good work life balance.
This post will be based at the Southport site but will involve regular travel across sites.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details
Advertising Date: 13 October 2021
Closing Date: 26 October 2021
Shortlisting: 27/28th October 2021
Interview Date: w/c 8th November 2021
- Advanced Life Support Provider (or ALS Instructor/IP/IC)
- Immediate Life Support Instructor (or ALS Instructor/IP/IC)
- Registered Healthcare Professional
- Relevant Teaching Qualification or Previous Resuscitation Teaching Experience
- Paediatric Immediate Life Support Instructor
- Paediatric Advanced Instructor
- Experience working within Acute Hospital settings with exposure to emergency situations
- Excellent understanding of current Resuscitation Guidelines and Recommendations
- Experience of conducting audits
- Ability to organise, manage and prioritise own workload effectively ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience of service improvement and implementation
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Emma Roney / Carol White
- Job title
- Senior Resuscitation Officers
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01704 704137
- Additional information
Emma Roney / Carol White, Senior Resuscitation Officers, firstname.lastname@example.org or via 01704 704137
Contactable Mon-Fri, 08:30-16:30 (excluding Bank Holidays).