- Joint Health - Integrated MSK Service
- Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 25/08/2020 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
Please note that all successful applicants to non-medical positions will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
Southport & Ormskirk District General Hospital
Speciality: Joint Health - Integrated MSK Service
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
£31,365-£37,890 per annum
Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare in hospital and the community to 258,000 people across Southport, Formby and West Lancashire.The North West Regional Spinal Injuries Centre at Southport hospital provides specialist care for spinal patients from across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
Main duties of the job
For further information regarding the role responsibilities, please refer to the attached job description and person specification
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Physiotherapist to play an active part in a significant Musculoskeletal re design in the West Lancashire & Southport and Formby regions.
Please note, this post will be subject to Enhanced DBS Check + Adults' Barred List.
Advert Date: 21/07/2020
Closing Date: 25/08/2020
Shortlisting Date: 25/08/2020 - 01/09/2020
Interview Date: 10/09/2020
Working for our organisation
The new Joint Health - Integrated MSK Service is a Consultant led inter disciplinary team consisting of Specialist Doctors; MSK Physiotherapists, Advanced Practice Physiotherapists & Podiatrist. You will work directly with Consultants in Physiotherapy, Neurosurgery and Sport and Exercise medicine providing excellent opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidates will work in a modern, dynamic service which offers a friendly and supportive working environment. We strive to provide excellent patient care within an integrated MSK culture. You should have at least 2 years post graduate experience, be HCPC Registered and have previous experience working within Physiotherapy outpatients. Ideally you will have completed MSK related post graduate training. You should be committed to CPD, have excellent interpersonal skills, be well organized and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
1. To assess and identify the individual needs of referred patients, to clinically diagnose and implement treatment plans if appropriate in a manner that respects people’s privacy, dignity and individuality.
2. To take part in extended working rotas as appropriate.
3. In accordance with best practice, implement and evaluate Therapy Intervention.
4. To record and report findings appropriately following the standard procedures used by the department to maintain high levels of written/verbal communication.
5. To share skills/knowledge with other disciplines and patient/carers as necessary.
6. To liaise with hospital/community based staff as appropriate to ensure continuity of treatment and provision of equipment/adaptations to facilitate hospital discharge/prevent re-admission and support resettlement/re-enablement into the community.
7. To provide and receive complex information which requires empathy and reassurance. Communicating where there may be barriers to understanding and where skills such as motivational interviewing and counselling are required.
8. To be part of the Respiratory On Call rota if applicable
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Current HCPC registration
- Evidence of relevant post-graduate experience / CPD
- MSK related qualifications
- Post qualification & Musculoskeletal Experience
- experience in delivering class based education / treatment
- Experience delivering assessments and treatments digitally
- Experience of supervising others
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously independently and with MDT
- Time, Prioritisation and self-management skills
- Awareness of up to date NHS issues, Clinical Governance and its application with physiotherapy
- Ability to manage change in a flexible, diplomatic and positive manner
- Maintain own clinical role and be aware of boundaries with other professionals - scope own practice and when to ask for help
- Have a range of good clinical reasoning skills, assessment and treatment skills and be able to problem solve and make decisions
- Developed MSK skills through further study/ learning examples of
- Good teaching /presentation skills
- Demonstrates evidence to show maintains own professional and HCPC standards
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- Laura Atherton
- Job title
- Clinical Therapy Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01695 656122
- Additional information
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Sarah Mander - firstname.lastname@example.org
or Laura Atherton, Clinical Therapy Manager: Laura.Atherton@nhs.net