NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time: 10 sessions per week (plus 1.5 additional on call)
- £79,860 - £107,668 per annum
- 29/11/2020 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
Full Time 10 PA's + 1.5 additional on-call
The Trust is keen to develop an outstanding geriatric service and is looking for a highly motivated and innovative physician to support the development of specialist services for older people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative professional to join this developing frailty service with varying interests and skills to enhance and develop our current service provision. Including the option of general medical on calls, geriatric ward base activity, outpatients geriatric care plus educational and leadership roles to support the development of this forward thinking service.
Main duties of the job
- Carry out inpatient elderly care ward and board rounds
- Ensure that Estimated Discharge Dates are set on admission for inpatients
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of the local integrated frailty pathway
- Support delivery of national targets (18 weeks, 62 day cancer, new to follow up ratios, length of stay)
Provide training and supervision to junior doctors
- Provide training and support to specialist frailty practitioners
Participate in rolling teaching programme
- Engage fully in consultant appraisal with a view to achieving revalidation
Applicants must already be on the GMC register or within 6 months of the interview date and have a certificate of completion of specialist training.
Working for our organisation
Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity as we develop our frailty service following the successful approval of an ambitious and exciting business case. This will include the development of a Frailty Assessment Unit and develop an innovative, person-centred model of care for older people.
Successful post holders; which include a Clinical Director, will have the ability to lead and influence the development of the frailty model both internally and collaboratively with system partners. Applicants should bring passion, commitment and will be instrumental in driving forward this change.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching and clinical audit.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for further details regarding the main responsibilities.
As this post is regulated by the Protection of Children Act 1999, The Criminal Justice Courts Act 2000 and the Care Standards Act 2000 an enhanced DBS will be requested by the Trust in the event of a successful application.
Advertising Date: 23rd October 2020
Closing Date: 29th November 2020
Shortlisting Date: 1st December 2020
Proposed Interview Date: 21st January 2021
- Basic Medical Qualification, M.R.C.P. or equivalent, GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- MSc, MD or PhD
- On the specialist register with a CCT in General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics or within 6 months of achieving this.
- Knowledge and experience of General Medicine and Care of the Elderly
- Extensive training and experience in General Medicine and Care of the Elderly in an accredited training programme.
- Participation in Clinical Audit
- Evidence of service development
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Ashar Ahmed
- Job title
- Clinical Director
- Telephone number
- 01704 704159
- Additional information
For further details please contact Dr A Ahmed (Clinical Director) on 01704 704159 Any such visit will not form part of the selection process.