Fundraising, Database & Finance Assistant
NHS AfC: Band 3
- Charity Fundraising
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £20,330 - £21,777 per annum
- 10/07/2022 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
The Fundraising, Database & Finance Assistant will be a key role within the Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals Charity team. This is a new Charity team and this role will be responsible for effective day to day administrative duties, providing excellent supporter care and stewardship, updating and maintaining the Harlequin fundraising database, the Harlequin finance system and Smartsheet electronic approval system.
Main duties of the job
The Charity’s purpose is to raise crucial funds to enhance and improve the experience of patients, staff and volunteers. The post holder must be meticulously organised and have strong attention to detail to ensure supporter and financial information is kept up to date.
The Charity is in the second year of a major new and comprehensive three year fundraising strategy which has been endorsed and approved by the Charitable Funds Committee. The post holder will help to develop and significantly grow our charitable income over the next few years.
Working for our organisation
Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare in hospital and the community to 258,000 people across Southport, Formby and West Lancashire.
Acute care is provided at Southport and Formby District General Hospital and Ormskirk District General Hospital. This includes adults’ and children’s accident and emergency services, intensive care and a range of medical and surgical specialities. Women’s and children’s services, including maternity, are provided at Ormskirk hospital.
The North West Regional Spinal Injuries Centre at Southport hospital provides specialist care for spinal patients from across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
The Trust also provides sexual health services for the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description for further details.
Advert date: 22nd June 2022
Closing date: 10th July 2022
Shortlisting date: 11th July 2022
Interview date: TBC
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Business administration qualification Level 2 or equivalent relevant experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Understanding of fundraising, charities and working with volunteers and supporters (or relevant transferable skills in customer service methods)
- Previous experience of database management
Skills & Abilities
- IT literate: proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook / email and donor databases
- Demonstrable interpersonal and relationship building
- An outstanding telephone manner and approach to providing exceptional customer service
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks, manage workload under pressure and work to deadlines
- May be required to respond to emotional situations where fundraising has occurred in memory of a deceased or sick relative or friend
- Uses desktop computer / laptop most days either from the office or home. Flexibility is required to work outside the office if meeting potential donors and fundraisers or attending events where appropriate.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Ashley Flint
- Job title
- Charity Fundraising Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01704 704714