Speciality Doctor - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time: 10 sessions per week
- Ormskirk Hospital
- £41,158 - £58,756 per annum
- 01/12/2020 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
Speciality Doctor - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Fixed Term (12 Months)
MC461-5 (£41,158-£58,756 per annum) plus on call supplement
Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust is looking to appoint a Fixed Term Speciality Doctor or Senior Clinical Fellow in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
This post is ideally designed for an experienced trainee to further develop and consolidate their skills to improve their potential to successfully apply for a Consultant Post. There are opportunities to study and work on non-clinical interests including risk management, quality improvement and education with established Consultants who will guide and mentor you.
Advertising date - 17.11.2020
Closing date - 1.12.2020
Shortlisting date - 8.12.2020
Proposed Interview date - December 2020
Main duties of the job
• To ensure the provision of a first class clinical service.
• To participate in clinical and other service activities with the object of ensuring a high standard of patient care is achieved
• To support the inpatient service in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Southport & Ormskirk Hospital
• To participate in the 1-8 Tier 2 rota
• Contribute to the care of both inpatients and outpatients
• Provide support to the Obstetrics & Gynaecology department for urgent and emergency cases as appropriate
• Continuous care of patients in labour when on duty.
Working for our organisation
The candidate will be able to expand their knowledge in other activities within the department including Clinical Governance, Service Development, education supervision, training and continuing professional development.
For more information about this role please see attached job description and person specification.
Please note that GMC registration (with a licence to practice) and Right to Work in the UK are essential for this role. Applicants requiring Tier 2 sponsorship should ensure they meet the Home Office application criteria prior to submitting an application.
Our Consultants have experience with helping previous post-holders to successfully gain CESR.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
• Participate in the Pregnancy Counselling Service, which is provided separately from General Gynaecology.
• To participate in the teaching and supervision of the work and duties of Specialty registrars and Medical Students.
• To provide effective leadership to junior doctors and medical students
• To undertake all work in accordance with the Trust’s procedures and operating policies
• Adhere to and support Clinical Governance principles and overall policy.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Ultrasound, Urogynae, colposcopy, emergency gynaecology
- Demonstrate competencies equivalent to ST3/4. Ideally possessing full MCROG. Able to manage Labour Ward without direct supervision and be skilled in caesarean section and operative vaginal deliveries.
- Clinical judgement: Experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mrs U Karthikeyan
- Job title
- Clinical Director
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01695 656408