Senior Orthopaedic Physiotherapist
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Senior Orthopaedic Physiotherapist
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (7 day / weekend working; Respiratory on-call)
- Southport & Ormskirk District General Hospital
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum
- 14/07/2022 23:59
Working for Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust offers all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life.
We have miles of unspoilt coastline on our doorstep, attractive commuter towns, picturesque villages and stunning countryside all within easy reach. Excellent transport links mean the vibrant, historic city of Liverpool is only a short journey away. Shops, bars, restaurants, museums, galleries, a World Heritage listed waterfront and, of course, two Premiership football teams makes this a destination for travellers from across the world.
The University of Liverpool has awarded us the status of University Clinical Education Centre in recognition of the high standard of training provided for students on placement to the Trust.
We pride ourselves in providing safe, clean and friendly care, and recruit to our SCOPE values. We also offer a range of family friendly options to staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to join our therapy team at Southport and Ormskirk District General Hospital.
This position will be embedded amongst the Orthopaedic MDT and will play an integral role within trauma, elective, orthopaedic rehabilitation, fracture clinic and community services.
Training and education is also a key role for the successful candidate and it will be expected that they support their peers within the team and students within the Orthopaedics service.
This diverse role will enhance the current skills of a Physiotherapist, who is seeking to advance their specialist knowledge within Orthopaedics, amongst a plethora of Orthopaedic clinical areas.
Main duties of the job
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy service to patients with orthopaedic conditions on wards and in the Therapy department.
- To hold responsibility for own case load and be responsible for a defined area of the service or a particular patient type. Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer review, case conferences. Access to advice and support from a senior physiotherapist is available when required, clinical work is routinely evaluate.
- Working across the Trust within Orthopaedics in a variety of unit settings, assessment, and treatment centres, and in the community.
- Undertake training inclusive of audit and evaluation. To be involved in the training and supervision of student Physiotherapists.
Working for our organisation
Our Allied Health Professionals workforce are a friendly and welcoming group of staff. We encourage that professionals join us in incorporating the Trust SCOPE values into daily practice; providing a welcoming and friendly approach to new starters. Our therapists are an integral part of the MDT based across specialist areas throughout the hospital, aiming to provide longevity for opportunities in the future with the potential for successful career progression.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For more information please see attached Job Description.
Advert date: 23rd June 2022
Closing date: 14th July 2022
Shortlisting date: 15th July 2022
Interview date: 20th July 2022
This post may close early if sufficient applications are received, therefore you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
- Clinical experience and skills relevant to this post
- HCPC Registration - applied for and registered
- Relevant post graduate CPD within Orthopaedics
- Qualified Physiotherapist or equivalent
Teaching / Training
- Teaching / training for student support demonstrated
- Clinical Leadership demonstrated
- Clinical Educators course / or equivalent obtained
- Experience of working with computer system such as (excel/word/outlook)
- Experience of working in a wide range of clinical settings
- NHS Computer systems experience such as Medway
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Samantha Bennett
- Job title
- Clinical Therapy Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01704 705115
- Additional information
Samantha Bennett - email@example.com - 01704 705115
Please contact to discuss the position further, if required.